How much does it cost to get a Trademark registration in India?
Our fee for Trademark registration in India shall be:
- Attorney fee US$200
- ACTUAL Trademark Office fee of US$75 for an individual applicant OR US$150 for a firm as an applicant.
Click here: Fee for INDIAN applicants in Rupees.
The official filing fee for ONE mark in ONE class is:
Applicant Type US$ Individual/Start Up Firm 75 Large Firm/Foreign Firm 150
Our Attorney fee for a Trademark Registration in India:
Particulars US$ Consultation charges per hour or part thereof 100 Search of Trademark Database 30 Attorney fee for filing an application for Trademark 200 Amendment of application due to objections 100 Attending to serious objections at the Trademark office/hearing 150 Alternatively – Fixed one time ATTORNEY fee for filing & prosecution of application till registration 400
The above fee would be applicable for an application which does not face a third party opposition. Opposition proceedings are uncertain in degree and complexity, so a fee for these can not be predicted.
Our quotation for handling trademark matters in India:
Before filing an application for Trade Mark, we suggest a search of the Trade Mark database to confirm that the name is available.
The attorney fee to handle EACH mark in EACH class would be (L) US$200. A search for up to FIVE names, given together, would be (S) US$ 30. Once the name is available, the application is to be filed.
The Official filing fee for trademark registration in India for EACH mark in EACH class is (O) US$ 75 for an Individual/Small Firm OR US$150 for a Large Firm.
There shall be NO further fee till registration unless there is an OPPOSITION or a HEARING. The fees for attending a HEARING shall be US$100 and for responding to opposition shall be US$ 300 for each opposition.
Once we get an notification of registration from the Trademark office then attending to getting the certificate, handling and postage fees would be (R) US$ 150. This fee shall remain US$ 150 irrespective of the number of classes.
Claiming priority would cost an additional US$75.
There is NO yearly renewal fee for first TEN years.
Alternatively we offer you an option of paying a total of (A) US$400 as professional fee for prosecuting the case up to registration. In this option we commit ourselves to prosecute the application at the Trademark office till registration for a fix one time fee of US$400 and thereby protect you from making any unforeseen payment (For a case which does not face a third party opposition).
Thus the two options are:
1. Attorney fee for filing (L) US$200 + Actual Trademark Office fee + Action based fee for prosecuting the application till grant/final disposal of the case.
2. ONE time FLAT Attorney fee of (A) US$400 + Actual Trademark Office fee + NO further fees for prosecuting the case till grant/final disposal of the case (Recommended).
It usually takes 30 months to get a registration, in the meantime you are permitted to write a small TM besides the mark.
We would need the following:
1. Name + address of the applicant.
2. The list of goods and services to be filed.
3. The mark in PDF/JPG format.
4. The date of the earliest use of the mark and the place where this usage started along with a copy of any document which can be used as evidence of such usage.
5. The copies of registration certificate/pending extract from earliest filed other countries. This will help to establish the date of earliest usage.
You may directly call on +91.9860588440 or write mail to email@example.com for further information and discussions.
Written by Mahesh Bhagnari, Patent & Trademark Attorney in India.